Interview SOS provides one-on-one resume and cover letter writing, job interview preparation, graduate school interview preparation, and career counseling services to clients in Los Angeles and around the world using the telephone, Skype, and Google Chat. Our company is led by experienced career services professionals who are committed to providing top notch interview coaching services to clients. Our offices are in Los Angeles, California.
Our mission is to help our clients getting the job or gain admission to school of their dreams. We write top-notch, personalized resumes that get call-backs and we insist that our resume writers have strong credentials. We provide an educational service to help applicants succeed in the interview process by demonstrating their skills, experience, and educational credentials. The interview is the most critical piece of the application process, and we want our clients to be able to present themselves in the best possible way. We help our clients by giving an assessment of their applications and helping them to emphasize their strengths and mitigate weaknesses. We want our clients to feel confident, well-prepared, and aware of what to expect in the interview.
Vijay is an experienced financial analyst, career coach and hiring manager, who was disappointed with the interview skills of many job applicants, even those from top-ranked business schools. In 2009, Vijay began offering personalized interview coaching and resume writing services in Los Angeles. He subsequently founded Interview SOS and wrote The Definitive Guide to Ace Your Interview and Get the Job.
Vijay was a career coach for the Parker Career Management Center (UCLA Anderson School of Management MBA-level career counseling service) who helped other students prepare for job interviews, write resumes, and draft cover letters. For four years prior to business school, Vijay acted as a Boston-area diversity recruiter and interviewer for the Sponsors for Educational Opportunity Career Program. Vijay’s past employers include Citibank, US Bank, State Street Corporation, the McGraw-Hill Companies, and Bain Capital-owned Guitar Center.
Vijay has his BA in Economics from the University of Chicago and an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management in Los Angeles, California. He is a National Merit Scholar and CFA charter holder. Vijay also has experience in healthcare, having passed the USMLE Step 1 and attended medical school for 2 years.
Vijay is a frequent speaker on career issues and gives seminars and workshops on resume writing, career development and interview preparation. Contact Interview SOS for more information.
Vijay’s sister, Mindy Kaling, is the executive producer, writer, and star of the Mindy Project on Fox Television.
- Four years of experience as a job interview coach and resume writer
- Former Student Career Counselor for the Parker CMC (UCLA’s business school career office)
- Author of The Definitive Guide to Ace Your Interview and Get the Job
- Bachelors in Economics from the University of Chicago
- Masters in Business Administration from UCLA Anderson
- Ten years of professional work experience at US Bank, Citibank, the McGraw-Hill Companies, State Street Corporation, and Bain Capital-owned Guitar Center as a hiring manager
- Toastmasters Competent Communicator
- National Merit Scholar
- CFA charterholder
- Passed USMLE Step 1, completed 2 years of medical school at St. Louis University in Missouri
- Interviewed at 12 allopathic American medical schools including Washington University, the University of Pennsylvania, Case Western Reserve University and Mount Sinai