Graduate School Interview Preparation
The career coaches of Interview SOS can help you succeed in your interview and get into the graduate or professional school of your dreams.
We have helped prospective students like you interview for graduate school. Past clients have interviewed for:
- Medical School (MD & DO)
- Nursing School (RN, ASN, BSN, & MSN)
- Business School (MBA)
- Law School (JD)
- Dental School (DMD & DDS)
- Doctoral Programs (PhD)
- Other Masters Programs (MA & MS)
The Interview SOS System
How It Works
We’ll advise you on how to:
- Prepare for an interview
- Demonstrate that you have the educational background, skills and qualifications required
- Answer tough questions
- Overcome shyness and anxiety
- Dress appropriately for the interview
- Address weaknesses in your application
We find that most graduate school applicants require two interview coaching sessions in addition to their own preparations for the interview. The first of these sessions usually focuses on general interview questions that you are likely to see as part of your interview. The second session usually focuses on specific issues related to your education, background, and experience and the specific school you are applying for.
Prior to your coaching session, you should:
Please send us your resume, the name of the school(s) and program(s) you are applying for, and a copy of your application prior to the interview. Your coach will review these documents and suggest an appropriate interviewing strategy for you.
Prepare answers to common interview questions. You should come to your coaching session prepared to answer the following common interview questions:
- Tell me about yourself? [Hint: Give a 2-3 minute personal sales pitch that explains what led you to apply for graduate school]
- Why are you interested in your chosen professional or graduate school? Why do you want to be a nurse/physician/dentist? Why do you want to go to business school or get a Masters Degree or a Doctoral Degree?
- Why are you interested in our specific program or graduate school? [Hint: Explain how the school you are applying to is different and better than other similar schools.]
- What other graduate schools are you applying for and why?
- What is your greatest strength? What are your strengths?
- What is your greatest weakness? What are your weaknesses?
- Tell me about your greatest achievement.
- How do you deal with conflict?
- Do you have any questions for me? [Hint: Have 5-10 intelligent, researched questions prepared for your interviewer]
You can also bring a list of questions and concerns about the interview process for your coach to answer.
Please read our Definitive Guide to Ace Your Interview and Get the Job for additional hints on how to answer interview questions successfully and how to prepare for an interview. This short but comprehensive guide is one of the best resources on interview preparation on the internet today and is a great resource whether you schedule a session with us or not.
Our services are designed to help you succeed in your application. Call 310-309-1998 to schedule a free consultation today!