I Will Help You Ace Your Interview and Get Into Medical School.
In your medical school interview, you need to present yourself as a mature, articulate, and accomplished person who has made a thoughtful decision to pursue a career in medicine. I will show you how. You can meet me right here in Los Angeles, or over the phone, Skype or Google Video Chat anywhere in the world.
I have helped hundreds of student successfully gain admission to medical schools
I wrote a book on interview preparation and I personally interviewed at 12 allopathic American medical schools including Washington University, the University of Pennsylvania, Case Western Reserve University and Mount Sinai. And in case you’re wondering, I did attended medical school at St. Louis University in Missouri.
After helping hundreds of people to prepare for medical school and other graduate school interviews, I worked out the following process to help YOU prepare for YOUR interview.
Medical School Interview Preparation – How It Works
- Schedule a meeting with me and send me your resume, medical school application, and the name of the schools you are interviewing for.
- You should prepare answers to common medical school interview questions (I will send you a list).
- First Meeting (2 hours)
Meet with me over the phone, Skype or Google Video chat for two hours. Together, we will review your answers to these common questions and prepare extremely articulate and thoughtful personalized answers that emphasize your strengths, background, and experience.
- You should memorize and rehearse the answers we have worked out together.
- Second Meeting / Mock Interview (2 hours)
We have a full-fledged mock interview. I ask you the common interview questions and then start asking you curve ball questions to test your interview skills.
- You go to your medical school interview prepared. I promise that nothing they will put you through in your real medical school interview will be as difficult as what I put you through in your mock interview.
I offer a money back guarantee on my interview coaching services. No, I cannot guarantee that you will get into medical school. However, if you do what I suggest, I guarantee that you will present yourself as a mature, articulate, and accomplished person who has made a thoughtful decision to pursue a career in medicine. I have never, not even once, had someone ask me for their money back for interview coaching. See my reviews on Yelp!
I charge $100 per hour for medical school interview coaching. A typical client requires two 2 hour sessions for a total of 4 hours. It’s not recommended, but sometimes, clients request only one 2-hour session.
The Interview SOS System
How It Works
After scheduling an appointment, please read our Definitive Guide to Ace Your Interview for additional hints on how to answer interview questions successfully and how to prepare for an interview. This short but comprehensive guide is one of the best resources on interview preparation on the internet today and is a great resource whether you schedule a session with us or not.
- Author of The Definitive Guide to Ace Your Interview and Get the Job
- Four years of experience as a interview coach and career counselor
- Passed USMLE Step 1, completed 2 years of medical school at St. Louis University in Missouri
- Interviewed at 12 allopathic American medical schools including Washington University, the University of Pennsylvania, Case Western Reserve University and Mount Sinai
- Former Student Career Counselor for the Parker CMC (UCLA’s business school career office)
- Bachelors in Economics from the University of Chicago
- Masters in Business Administration from UCLA Anderson
- Ten years of professional work experience at US Bank, Citibank, the McGraw-Hill Companies, State Street Corporation, and Bain Capital-owned Guitar Center as a hiring manager
- Toastmasters Competent Communicator
- National Merit Scholar
- CFA charterholder
Vijay is an experienced financial analyst, career coach and hiring manager, who was disappointed with the interview skills of many job applicants, even those from top-ranked business schools. In 2009, Vijay began offering personalized interview coaching and resume writing services in Los Angeles. He subsequently founded Interview SOS and wrote The Definitive Guide to Ace Your Interview and Get the Job.
Vijay was a career coach for the Parker Career Management Center (UCLA Anderson School of Management MBA-level career counseling service) who helped other students prepare for job interviews, write resumes, and draft cover letters. For four years prior to business school, Vijay acted as a Boston-area diversity recruiter and interviewer for the Sponsors for Educational Opportunity Career Program. Vijay’s past employers include Citibank, US Bank, State Street Corporation, the McGraw-Hill Companies, and Bain Capital-owned Guitar Center.
Vijay has his BA in Economics from the University of Chicago and an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management in Los Angeles, California. He is a National Merit Scholar and CFA charter holder. Vijay also has experience in healthcare, having passed the USMLE Step 1 and attended medical school for 2 years at St. Louis University School of Medicine.
Vijay is a frequent speaker on career issues and gives seminars and workshops on resume writing, career development and interview preparation. Contact Interview SOS for more information.
Vijay’s sister, Mindy Kaling, is the executive producer, writer, and star of the Mindy Project on Fox Television.